National Hydrologic Simulations
HydroFrame is a platform for interacting with national hydrologic simulations. This is our BETA release, refer to the about page for more details on what you will be able to do when the platform is complete.
Clicking on the image below will take you to the HydroFrame v0.5 BETA workflow. This initial capability will allow you to subset and run a simple runoff simulation using existing national-scale water models in the cloud. Results from your simulation as well as your model instance will be linked to HydroShare. We recommend you leave this page open and scroll down to follow the instructions as you go. Try it out!
HYDROFRAME V0.5 BETA: SUBSET AND RUN MODELS FROM PF-CONUS1.0 OR WRF-HYDRO NWM
BETA Release Disclaimer: Please note that the beta release is intended to test out and illustrate a simple workflow allowing users to extract a model setup for a watershed and run a very simple simulation. In this case a single rainfall runoff event. As we continue to build out the platform users will have the ability to run longer groundwater-surface water simulations and modify their model inputs and configurations.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SUBSETTING WORKFLOW
Follow these instructions to subset and run your own domain!
- Navigate to the CUAHSI Subsetter by clicking on the map above for launching version 0.5.
- Choose a model to subset and click on the Subset Domain button and select the desired version.
- To subset by manually selecting Hydrologic Unit Code on the map:
- Once on the map view, zoom into your area of interest on the map until you can see the catchments outlined in Green — these are HUC12.
- Use your cursor to select one or multiple green HUC12 catchments. You will see a box outlining the area that the tool will subset. Note: if the box outline is Red, the catchment you have selected is too large to subset.
- Once you are satisfied with selected area, press the Submit button in the lower right corner below the map.
- To subset by entering one or more Hydrologic Unit Code:
- Click the Menu button on the upper right corner of the map.
- To add a HUC code, press the “+” sign under Selected HUCs.
- A text box will appear where you can enter a 12-digit HUC (e.g. 101900040402). Click Add and the HUC catchment will be outlined on the map. Press the Submit button in the lower right corner below the map.
- Alternatively, you can enter a shorter HUC value (e.g. 10190004) and click Add. This will select all of the HUC12 catchments contained within the HUC entered and will appear highlighted on the map. Press the Submit button in the lower right corner below the map.
- You will be directed to a loading page while your subset is being processed. Once it has finished, the page will display a link to download the subsetted domain. It should take about 2-5 minutes to subset your model domain.
- Click on the link to download your subsetted domain.